Monday, April 16, 2012

Yet yet again....more questions for Discussion

The thing about crowdsourcing that I think alot of people may get confused about is that it is or can be so broad, I think personally the website article would have been more effective if it were a video or displayed more pictures/videos of the projects.  I did look at the pictures they had but I really would have liked to see peoples reactions or inspirations because that is the whole point of crowdsourcing as I understand.  With some of the projects it is probably really difficult to actually record or photograph reactions because it can reach a largely spread out group of people, so my question is, is it possible to have a crowdsourcing project that is completely documented or has anyone done such a project?

I feel that something that has changed over time in the art realm is the conceptualism of a piece becoming the piece, alot of the crowdsourcing is all based on conceptualism.  If crowdsourcing is a slightly new concept made more possible, more accessible, more documented thanks to the internet, I began to wonder when crowdsourcing first became a thing.  There must have been other forms of crowdsourcing in the past, before internet, before such technologies like telephones or filmcameras.  Would a chain letter be a type of crowdsourcing?  The participatice article inspired my thoughts to go in this direction because it talks about participation in the work as being the major part of it, so I am just wondering if there any forms of crowdsourcing that doesn't involve the internet?

No comments:

Post a Comment